Let’s get these recipes up during September. I’m not at 50 yet, but I’m closing in. Let me know if you attempt it and if anything is wrong or confusing. These aren’t the final recipes… I don’t think…
- 1 4oz fish fillet
- 1 Tbsp oil or butter
- 1 tsp salt
- Alumium foil
- rubber gloves (opt)
- baking sheet
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place fish fillet in the center of a foil piece large enough to wrap up the fish in.
- Rub down fish with oil or butter.
- Mix spices with salt.
- Rub or sprinkle spice mixture over fish.
- Make sure to rub down both sides with oil/butter and spices.
- Center in foil piece.
- Bring two of the sides up to the center and roll down leaving some room for steam to circulate the fish.
- Roll the other two sides up to create a package.
- Place package of fish on the center of a baking sheet.
- Cook in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Do not open the package until serving. The package keeps it warm and safe from cross contamination.
- Use the foil to collect the bones and left over spices.
- This is an easy clean up meal.
- Use whatever fish is safe for the gathering. Basically no one struggles with salmon, although it’s always a good idea to check with who will be there.
- You can double this, or triple, or whatever. One fillet per person on average.
- As for spices: use whatever sounds good. A safe bet for white fish is garlic and lemon. If using lemon you can use the juice or actual lemon slices or both. Spicy fish: cayenne pepper, hot sauce, chili flakes, jalapeno pepper slices. This can even be done as individual orders if you desire. Spices have no limits.
- If using liquid spices, mix them with the salt and other spices and spread over fish. it will mix well when it’s steaming in the foil.
- If using slices, lay them on top of fish before wrapping up. It will enhance the flavor during cooking.
© Hartliebe 2019