Let’s get this recipes up during September. I’m not at 50 yet, but I’m closing in. Let me know if you attempt it and if anything is wrong or confusing. These aren’t the final recipes… I don’t think…
- 5/4 c “butter”
- 2 c sugar
- 2/3 c applesauce
- 3/4 c cocoa
- 2 c oat flour
- 1 t baking soda
- pinch cream of tartar
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp guar gum (?)
- Large bowl
- Large spoon
- Plastic wrap or waxed paper
- Baking sheets
- Aluminum foil
- Cooling racks or waxed paper
- Plastic gloves
- Cream the butter, sugar, applesauce, and vanilla in the large bowl.
- Add one cup flour, cocoa, baking soda, and baking powder to the wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Remove mixer. Put on gloves for the final addition of flour. Once combined, form into a ball, log, disk, etc. Wrap in plastic wrap or waxed paper and refrigerate.
- After two hours, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice the logs, roll out the dough and cut, etc. and place on the baking sheets covered with aluminum foil. (Refrigerate before baking for less of a spread.)
- Bake for about 5 to 10 minutes depending on size and oven. (Turn off oven.)
- Remove to cooling rack or waxed paper for cooling. Enjoy!
- Butter can be replaced with palm shortening or a non-dairy stick butter replacement. (I use Earth Balance Buttery Sticks.)
- Flour should be replaceable with a wheat free flour.
- Before baking you can decorate with colored sugar. Dark colors disappear on the brown. (Silver looks beautiful.)
- must be room temp to work easily
- “cut out” hold shape; balls – crinkle cookie
- Applesauce can be replaced with one Tbsp egg replacer + three Tbsp warm water
© Hartliebe 2019