Let’s get this recipes up during September. I’m not at 50 yet, but I’m closing in. Let me know if you attempt it and if anything is wrong or confusing. These aren’t the final recipes… I don’t think…
- ½ cup “butter”
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 pkg confectioner’s sugar
- 1 mixer
- 1 large bowl
- Beat the butter in the bowl.
- Add rest of ingredients. Mix well.
- Spread on cake or cupcakes. (Or eat out of the bowl like a kid.)
- For those who cannot have dairy, there are several options for butter replacement. Earth Balance has a no soy no dairy “butter”; some margarines taste the same as butter, but are all soy. Other replacements are shortenings such as palm or soy. Do not replace with a purely liquid oil or coconut oil.
- It is possible to forgo the butter completely in the recipe, but you lose the glossiness of normal icing.
- For those who cannot have dairy, any milk can work here. I go with almond normally if there is even more concerns. You can even use water, but it is not suggested.
- If you wish for an added flavor, replace some of the milk with extract such as vanilla, mint, or cherry.
© Hartliebe 2019