Let’s get these recipes up during September. I’m not at 50 yet, but I’m closing in. Let me know if you attempt it and if anything is wrong or confusing. These aren’t the final recipes… I don’t think…
- 7/4 c almond flour
- pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground ginger
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp melted “butter”
- 1/4 c molasses
- large bowl
- parchment paper
- cookie sheet
- Mix everything together in a bowl. You can grate the ginger and nutmeg straight into the bowl. Exacts aren’t that important.
- Turn dough into a log and wrap in parchment paper (waxed works as well).
- Refrigerate until solid.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Slice into coins and bake for 7 to 15 minutes.
- Let cool before decorating or eating.
- You can use this dough for ginger cookie cut outs. It does not spread.
- If butter is not a possibility (I use Soy free buttery spread which works), use coconut oil melted.
- Fresh is by far the best choice for ginger cookies. Can you sub in dried? Yes. The cookie will not be as gingery if you sub out all the fresh, though.
- Yes, it should be sticky.
© Hartliebe 2019