Let’s get these recipes up during September. I’m not at 50 yet, but I’m closing in. Let me know if you attempt it and if anything is wrong or confusing. These aren’t the final recipes… I don’t think…
I’m not as confident with this recipe, but…
- 3/2 c brown sugar
- 1 t salt
- 3/2 t cinnamon
- ½ t ginger
- ½ t cloves
- ½ t nutmeg
- 1 t allspice
- 1 can pumpkin puree (3 cups)
- 1 c almond milk
- 1/2 c cornstarch
- 1/2 c molasses
- 2 premade pie crusts
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 mixer
- 2 pie pans
- 1 large spoon
- 2 sheet pans
- Cooling racks
- Combine all ingredients into large mixing bowl. Mix well until smooth.
- Let sit for half hour before baking.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Pour into the two pie crusts making sure not to overfill the pies. Place each pie in center of sheet pan.
- Bake on center rack in oven for 30 to 40 minutes. Check if done by the toothpick trick. If a toothpick comes out clean (not gooey) the pie is done.
- Remove from oven. (Turn off oven.)
- Cool on cooling rack. Can be eaten warm or room temperature.
- You can replace the spices for pumpkin pie spice. One tablespoon at least. More spices make more a more flavorful pie.
- Pumpkin pie is normally a custard. There is no egg nor milk in this, so it is not a real custard.
- Almond milk can be replaced with any other milk beverage.
© Hartliebe 2019