Let’s get these recipes up during September. I’m not at 50 yet, but I’m closing in. Let me know if you attempt it and if anything is wrong or confusing. These aren’t the final recipes… I don’t think…
- 2 T Egg replacer
- 6 T warm water
- 2 C oat flour
- 7/4 C almond milk
- 1/2 C canola oil
- 1 T sugar
- 4 t baking powder
- Pinch Salt
- Oil spray
- Waffle iron
- Large bowl
- Small bowl (for egg replacer)
- large spoon or cup
- measuring cups and spoons
- Mix egg replacer with warm water. Let rest half a minute.
- Mix all ingredients until smooth.
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Remix ingredients. the delay will give the oat flour time to drink.
- Spray preheated waffle iron with oil spray. (Or wipe down with oil coated parchment paper or the like.)
- Pour mixture onto the hot waffle iron.
- Cook until color preference. Serve hot.
- For egg-free batter you will need a higher setting for the darker coloring. Medium should be light. Dark should be medium. Watch for excess steam ending to check coloring.
- Do not try to open the iron if there is no give; it’s not ready.
- Any toppings work on a waffle. Go crazy.
© Hartliebe 2018
Flaxseed and oat flour work. Double check amounts.