It’s finally perfected!! Bow to my glory!
- 1 c brown sugar
- 0.5 c butter (Earth Balance makes dairy free soy free options)
- 1 T ground flaxseed
- 3 T hot water
- 1 T almond milk
- 1.5 c oat flour
- 0.5 t baking powder
- 0.5 t baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1 c uncooked rolled oats
- 1 t pumpkin pie spice
- small mixing bowl
- large mixing bowl
- 1 mixer
- Baking sheet
- aluminum foil
- 1 large spoon
- Cooling rack
1. Mix the ground flaxseed and hot water in a small bowl. Let rest for three minutes.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar, flaxseed slurry, and milk together.
3. Stir in dry ingredients. Mix until incorporated.
- Add in any raisins or such here. Mix well.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. (The preheating time gives the oat flour time to absorb the liquids which makes a better cookie.)
5. Drop spoonfuls onto Aluminum covered baking sheet. Leave an inch space between cookies. They spread a little (very little).
6. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Cool on cooling rack.
- A trick I use for cooling is to slide the entire sheet of foil off the baking sheet. The foil cools impressively fast. If you try to take the hot cookies off the sheet, they’ll crumble. They need the cooling period. By taking off the foil, the cookies cool faster and you can get another batch of cookies going on the baking sheet.