Cream of Broccoli Soup
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 1 medium diced onion
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 c broth
- 8-10 c broccoli florets or cuts
- 1 can creamed corn
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 c almond milk
- large pot with lid
- wooden spoon
- hand blender
- Saute the onion, celery, and garlic in the large pot.
- Add in cornstarch and whisk for several minutes.
- Add in broth, milk, broccoli, and corn.
- Simmer, covered, for about 30 minutes.
- Using the hand blender, puree everything in the pot.
- Add spices and additions as desired.
- Don’t have a stick or hand blender? Go by batches in the food processor or counter top blender. It’s messy, but possible.
- It does not look as dark green as a traditional cream of broccoli soup. That’s normal.
- Some possible additions include: chicken shreds and cheese shreds. Serving with toast would also work.
- Some spices: nutritional yeast, garlic, salt, and pepper. Pick based on personal preference.
- Can’t do almond milk? Pick your milk beverage of choice.
- The only real requirement is the broccoli.
© Hartliebe 2020